Friday, May 12, 2006

Broken

I did mostly BLS calls today. We did some transfers, many psychs, and a couple of ALS calls.

The best call of the day, you ask?

A woman from a nursing/psych facility going to another long term psych hospital. She seemed okay when we first got her. They were sending her out because she left the facility and walked to the hospital across town. She starting talking once we got out of the facility. She said that all of her family is at that hospital-she was the only one that they let out. She had many health problems: both of her legs were apparently broken, but she had to "keep walking." Both of her arms became broken during transport. We also had to go in search of her heart meds for her "transplant." She was also pregnant. I asked her how far along she was and she said, very seriously, "oh, I'm pregnant with a premium...I usually have several a day." I told her that she must be a very busy lady. The only thing I could think of was that she meant preemies. Anyways, she also had a dislocated shoulder, a glass eye, and just had surgery on one of her hips. It was a miracle though, because once we got to the hospital and got her in her room, she was up and walking. She just has to keep walking...

Now that's what I call a save :)

No comments:

Post a Comment