Friday, May 19, 2006

Unresponsive

Only one call all day. We got toned out for a man who had fallen and that was unconscious. When we got on scene our patient was lying on the floor, semi-conscious. He complained of right shoulder pain. Other than that we couldn't get much out of him. We got vitals and that is when we started to worry. There were stairs going out of the house (probably 10 or so), so I called for a lift assist. The guy's heart rate was about 30, and his blood pressure was about 80/P. Not so hot. His O2 sats were also in the low 80s. We got him packaged (c-collar, backboard, the whole deal), and by that time three people had showed up for the lift assist. Out to the rig we went.

I hooked up the monitor and my partner got a line. We got a new set of vitals. We got out the atropine, pushed 1mg, and his heart rate came up to about 62. His blood pressure also came up to about 90. Good good good. That's what I like. I drove to the hospital, and my partner said that he became quite responsive on the way in.

All in all it was a good call. He was an elderly gentleman, so this is quite common. His rhythm just looked like a sinus brady, but I would be interested to see what a 12-lead says. He already had a history of MIs.

No comments:

Post a Comment